RailsDog is looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails developer to work remotely from home or from our New York office. You will be working on client work related to the Spree e-commerce platform as well as other Ruby on Rails projects.
RailsDog is the creator of Spree and is actively building Spree sites and improving the Spree project itself on behalf of its many e-commerce clients. The company also employs several of the Spree core members and contributors.
This is a great opportunity to work for a company that is passionate about open source projects and working with clients to help them achieve their goals.
Full-Time Employees of the company receive paid vacation, personal time, health insurance, and a retirement plan with a company match.
- 2+ years minimum working with Ruby on Rails, prior experience with Spree is not required
- Experience with Test Unit frameworks such as RSpec
- Knowledge of software best practices, like test driven development and continuous integration
- Experience with version control systems such as SubVersion or Git
- Experience with Agile development techniques
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Solid teamwork and communication skills - must be a team-player and self starter
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work efficiently and to tight deadlines
Additional Experience a Plus:
- Previous open source experience is preferred, please provide us with your github user name
- Experience working with Agile Methodologies, such as Extreme Programming (XP) and Scrum
- Experience with MySql/NoSQL/MongoDB
- Knowledge of RoR deployment with tools such as Capistrano
- Experience with Backbone.js
*Remote candidates residing outside the United States will not be considered for the position.